Saturday, September 1, 2012

Gardening Tips: Tomatos

Hi,
It's Lillie.
I was thinking....
I have lots of people ask me what the milk cartons are doing in my garden.
So here is why they are there:

Tomato's don't like to get there leaves wet. and when there leaves do get wet this happens:

 
So what can we do to stop this? My Mom figured it out!
 
 
How do you do this?
first you buy milk
Then After you have used up all the milk you take a pair of scissors and poke holes in it:

 
But WARNING Don't put more than one hole in the bottom of the carton. Why? Because then all the water will go strait out the bottom instead of all the holes.

Then you take your tool of choice (This year i used my hands :- ) ) and you dig a hole in between two of your tomato plants.
then you place the Carton in the hole.
 

So now next time you need to water your tomato plants you just stick the end of the hose into the Milk carton and the water goes strait to the roots of your tomato plant.
 
When its full it over flows!

How many cartons should i use?
Well that depends on how many tomato plants you have. I have six tomato plants and five milk cartons.

Thanks for reading and i hope that the lord blesses the rest of your day!


Lillie
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment